Monday, July 2, 2012

Week 1 Day 1

Wow, what a day! Today was the first day of camp and I have to say, I was very impressed bout how much each student knows. The students learned about Newton's Laws of Motion and had an introduction to Robotics. Everybody was familiar with the three laws and I felt like my team and I further reinforced the concepts and identified its practicality in their lives. Newton's First Law is the reason why cars have seat belts, Newton's Second Law is the reason why we feel a thrust when we press on the gas pedal  in a car and Newton's Third Law is why we push backward to go forward. The students really enjoyed fencing and all of them had a genuine interest in science and technology. Genesis Ruiz from group B, the Elusive Silver Tigers, our group name, said that by the end of the camp she thinks she will be able to build things on her own, indeed! It was nice to see all the parents and understand their hopes and aspirations for their children. I look forward to tomorrow and the many excitements it entails.

No comments:

Post a Comment